We have some exciting philanthropy news to share and hope y’all will partner up with us to make this the biggest participation and fundraising year yet! We’ve decided to team up with “Walk with Love“ (WWL) on SUNDAY May 18, 2014 at the Pacific Palisades Rec Ctr. @ 8:30 AM. This event is 8 days after the Revlon Run Walk (RRW) event that we traditionally had participated in. An event where last year our ‘Lil ‘ol team raised over $81,000 and had over 200 people and were the NUMBER ONE team fundraiser besting the likes of Disney, UCLA, Toyota, Macy’s & KABC-7!!! In the last decade Team Taras has raised over 1/2 MILLION dollars!
WHY: Every day 108 women die of breast cancer. My grandma died of ovarian cancer, my Mom got breast cancer @ 47 and is still cancer free and my sister has the gene and had the ‘Angelina Jolie’ prophylactic mastectomy. We started walking before we knew we had the gene but now I too have tested BRCA gene positive! Now I walk selfishly for my daughter! We need to shift breast cancer research into high gear and focus on finding the cause(s) and ways to prevent it. You have the power to fuel breakthrough research and have an immediate impact on ending breast cancer by raising much needed funds for the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation.
3 ways to be involved (even if you can’t be here):
- Join our Team (Run or Walk the 5K)
- $35 registration fee: http://tinyurl.com/WWL-DrT
- Join Now – Think about whether you can come later!
- When you sign up we will send you more details and updates.
- Click: http://tinyurl.com/WWL-Ian
- I’m honored last few years to have been the #1 individual fundraiser @ the RRW but even more pride comes from our grass roots effort of obtaining more individual donations than anyone else! $5, $50, $500, $5,000 … they’re all good! O:-)
- Virtual Participant (Run, Walk, Swim, Bike or just hang out on your couch in your own neighborhood)
- $20 registration fee: http://tinyurl.com/WWL-DrT
- Comes with a complimentary WWL 2014 t-shirt
While we are focusing on a new charity (for reasons that include smaller, Sunday & site change), we still want you to form your own teams and donate to Revlon. Because its time to move on, we’re ‘retiring‘ at the top and hoping that someone else will form a RRW team that will one day take them to number one the way we started out over a dozen years ago with a team of a dozen! After all, in the end, all the funds go to the same ‘pot.’ Once again, we will NOT be participating this year in Revlon but invite you to do so.
We hope you will join us as we move forward towards a future without breast cancer!
DONATE WITH CONFIDENCE
The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is committed to investing donations to research and programs, such as the Army of Women initiative and the Health of Women Study. 85¢ of every dollar you donate goes to research! They have the seal of approval from the BBB Wise Giving Alliance, Charity Navigator and Guidestar.
Ian Taras, MD, Ob/Gyn
www.facebook.com/818Gyn <– LIKE us
Please FORWARD this message! ;-)
Iconic picture above. For more pix: http://tinyurl.com/RRW-Pix2013
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” –Sir Winston Churchill